The Centre for Conflict Resolution (CCR) is an independent, non-governmental pan-African organisation, based in Cape Town, South Africa. Over the past 47 years, it has worked continentally to promote constructive, creative, and co-operative approaches to the resolution of conflicts and the reduction of violence. The Centre has produced ground-breaking research on African security and governance issues, conducted extensive capacity-building training, and facilitated and mediated peace processes across Africa.
The Conflict Intervention and Peacebuilding Support (CIPS) Cluster of CCR conducts training in gender, human rights, and HIV/AIDS and security, and provides conflict resolution support and training in African countries such as South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland, Burundi and South Sudan.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To contribute to CCR’s vision and leadership and to provide strategic leadership to the CIPS Cluster;
- To act as a CCR ambassador and to lead the project teams in building and maintaining the profile of the CIPS cluster internally and externally;
- To manage and build an effective and motivated cluster team;
- To facilitate the effective administration and financial management of the CIPS Cluster;
- To write and edit training manuals, proposals, and progress reports;
- To facilitate conflict resolution and mediation training interventions; and
- To lead and guide income-generating strategies.
- A Master’s degree in a related field;
- At least five years relevant experience at senior management level;
- Experience of conflict resolution facilitation and training with strong expertise in human rights, gender, and/or HIV/AIDS and security;
- Experience of gender training and facilitation;
- Experience in conducting training programmes in Africa;
- Comprehensive experience and knowledge of African politics and/or conflict resolution in Africa;
- Financial, human resource and project management experience;
- Excellent writing, editing, and oral skills; and
- Well-connected to international and national conflict resolution networks.
- Ability to speak and write in French.
CCR has vast experience working with national and African regional institutions and the UN, and combines training, mediation, policy research and development within networks with influential leaders and researchers while conducting extensive mediation work at the grassroots level.
This position involves national and international travel.
How to Apply
Since the CCR has requested KM Global Consulting with the recruit for this position, all applications must be sent directly to email@example.com stating CCR-SM-RSA in the subject line.