About the Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
- You will assist project implementation by working directly with local partners and community members, coordinating various project activities and events in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work to serve the poor and vulnerable.
- Your service and community relations skills ensure that the local partners and communities feed into and benefit from the project that consistently applies best practices and continuously works towards improving its impact.
Key Performance Areas
- Support the coordination and monitoring of project activities at the field level, ensuring implementation schedules are met as per the detailed activity plan, and that adherence to systems for quality project implementation are strengthened.
- Coordinate communication and facilitate information sharing among the project team, implementing partners, and project beneficiaries at the community level to assist local partners in strengthening the community interest, involvement and support networks.
- Liaise with various community stakeholders and mobilize them to ensure full involvement of community leaders, community representatives, and local government representatives in the overall implementation and improvement of project activities.
- In coordination with the project team supportcapacity building events forcommunity representatives.
- Coordinate, monitor, and report on volunteer activities.
- Compile data provided at the community level as per project requirements and contribute to the preparation of reports.
Qualifications and Experience
- High School diploma required. Bachelor’s degree a plus.
- 2 years of work or volunteer experience in community development and mobilization.
- Additional education may substitute for some experience.
- Computer skills required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with diverse groups
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
How to Apply
All applications must be sent directly to email@example.com stating CRS-FO-LSO in the subject line.