About the Christian Relief Services
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
In Lesotho, CRS plans and coordinates programs in three of Lesotho’s four dioceses, bringing public and private sectors together for community-based development.
Their programs involve partnerships with stakeholders such as the Government of Lesotho, local non-government organizations (NGOs), international NGOs, public- and private-sector partners, and Church partners. Their current work in Lesotho focuses on livelihoods, climate change and natural resource management, emergency response, education, microfinance, HIV, and information and communications technology for development.
You will partner with the Country Program (CP) Senior Management Team to provide overall strategic Human Resources (HR) direction for the CP in support of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. You will analyze and anticipate HR programs, services, and operations needs and challenges in the areas of recruitment, staff development, performance management, employee relations, compensation and benefits, onboarding/orientation, policies, staff care, and employee administration and introduce improvement solutions.
Key Performance Areas
- Manage HR processes and activities to ensure they meet latest agency, donor, and local legal requirements and standards and reflect best practices.
- Provide professional HR advice and coaching to managers, staff, and partners on daily HR issues, especially with regard to recruitment, performance management, and employee relations.
- Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and complete performance management for direct reports.
- Lead training and professional development needs assessment and analysis and ensure the provision of focused and precise development programs for CRS staff and partners.
- Ensure staff retention strategies reflect competitive and equitable compensation and benefits and a work environment that fosters staff engagement, empowerment through proper supervision, and personal and professional growth.
- Monitor the culture to ensure staff actions reflect CRS guiding principles, where dignity, diversity, community, and rights and responsibilities of all staff are valued. May serve as the CP focal point for Code of Conduct & Ethics and contribute to ensuring adherence and accountability to Safeguarding policies.
- Act as the CP’s key point of contact, internally and externally, on all HR-related matters. Represent the organization in forums related to HR management issues to stay abreast of standards, local laws, and industry best practices and to maintain peer contacts.
- Oversee record keeping through personnel files and/or Insight that adheres to required CRS, donor, and local law regulations. As needed provide analytical reports on HR-related data, metrics and trends to support decision-making, workforce planning and development.
- Ensure the Country Program is compliant with statutory labour requirements, including immigration, work permit and other such applications.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or Business Administration required. Master’s degree in HR Management, Business Administration or Organizational Development preferred.
- Minimum of five years work experience in HR, preferably with an International or local NGO, with at least three of these years managing an HR function and strong knowledge of HR best practices and standards.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how they approach each relationship.
- Excellent strategic and analytical skills with ability to make sound judgment and decisions
- Very good planning, monitoring and organizational skills
- Able to maintain confidential information
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
- Strong customer service orientation with excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
All applications should be sent directly to email@example.com stating CRS-HR-LSO in the subject line.