About the Christian Relief Services
Catholic Relief Services is an official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
About the Role
Karabo ea Bophelo (KB) is a five-year USAID-funded activity to prevent new HIV infections and reduce vulnerability among orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) in Lesotho. As the DREAMS Technical Specialist – KB, you will be responsible for the technical oversight of the DREAMS Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) project components. The position will provide high level support in providing technical direction to DREAMS project implementation in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor guidelines, and industry best practices and ensure that the DREAMS results are met. S/he will ensure strong linkages with other components of the project to advance the delivery of high-quality programming to OVC, AGYW and their households.
Key Performance Areas
- Support the coordination, implementation, and monitoring of DREAMS activities in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Provide technical support to project implementation and ensure that DREAMS results are achieved
- Train and mentor partners involved in provision of DREAMS services to ensure effective impact of AGYW interventions
- Support capacity strengthening initiatives in DREAMS AGYW programming for partners through helping develop learning and training strategies and agendas/curriculums, conducting trainings and workshops, and coaching and mentoring.
- Collect and analyze program data, capture and share lessons learned and best practices for the KB project to facilitate improvements in decision-making and contribute to the project’s learning agenda.
- Work closely with project SI staff to utilize data for decision making.
- Ensure that strong safeguarding practices are utilized across all work with AGYW.
- Represent the KB project in DREAMS meetings at project and district levels, working groups, and other events as requested and support forging relations with the Government of Lesotho, partners, other stakeholders, and the community.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of all assigned project activities per donor and CRS standards and established schedules.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Gender Studies, Social Work, Public Health, or a related field required.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience in project support in the field of adolescent focused programming including DREAMS, HIV/AIDS, and other health-related projects ideally with an NGO. PEPFAR project implementation strongly preferred.
- Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Demonstrated experience in providing technical support in programs that address the needs of vulnerable children and adolescents, and AGYW, economic strengthening, child protection, violence against children and case management.
- Demonstrated skills in project reporting, preferably for PEPFAR-funded AGYW programs
- Demonstrated application of technical principles and concepts in DREAMS programming consistent with CRS and donor guidance
- General knowledge of other related disciplines to ensure proper cross-sectoral approach.
- Experience in mentoring, coaching, accompaniment, facilitation and training applying adult learning principles and practices.
- Experience in applying safeguarding principles to programming involving AGYW.
- Experience with program monitoring and evaluation, including applying data collection tools and methodologies, data analysis, and data presentation.
- Experience and skills in networking and relations with peer organizations, and faith-based and civil society partners.
- Understanding of CRS partnership principles, a plus.
- Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications and knowledge-sharing networks.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in participatory action planning and community engagement
- Excellent relationship management skills with ability to influence and get buy-in from people not under direct supervision and to work with local partners and community members in diverse geographical settings.
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Proactive, resourceful, results-oriented and service-oriented
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong presentation, facilitation, training, mentoring, accompaniment and coaching skills
How to Apply
All applications must be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org stating CRS-TSDREAMS-CO-LSO in the subject line.