Purpose of the Role
- To develop and implement HR-strategies by applying leading edge HR-practices, services and technology.
- To integrate and align project human resource standards and to provide assurance and governance of HR standards, policies and procedures in all projects.
- To provide HR advice, support and influence to the Business Unit by assisting and developing services across the range of HR activities.
- To ensure all aspects of HR support are compliant and is aligned with Group guidelines and HR practices.
- May lead a team of HR Specialists in the provision of these services, including learning and development, performance management, compensation and benefits queries, expatriate support, employee consultation and employee relations.
Key Performance Areas
- Render specialised advisory and support services in respect of in-house training events, as well as regular employment processes and procedures, to ensure adequate information and support is available.
- Conduct training needs analysis to recommend appropriate training and other development interventions.
- Ensure labour targets are set (whilst taking the localization plan into account) and managed to ensure adherence to legal requirements
- Conduct strategic workforce planning, identify labour demand-supply gaps and develop strategies to bridge gaps
- Provide independent support and influence to managers and employees to assist in resolving discrimination and harassment allegations and other employee grievances.
- Support managers in attending to disciplinary and performance issues for administrative, support and professional employees to ensure compliance with applicable legislation.
- Provide a recruitment service to engage and source appropriate staff for the Business Unit.
- Develop and conduct assessment centres to ensure fair, relevant and appropriate staff selection processes.
- Assess staff annually for developmental purposes and ensure adequate feedback is provided to the workforce.
- Ensure that adverts comply with legislation and is designed to identify and target the right talent.
- Drive strategic sourcing and retention of critical skills
- Draw up Individual Developmental Plans for all employees
- Determining current level of skills of employees
- Plan interventions and monitor progress
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of the performance management process to ensure reliable performance measurement outcomes.
- Compile, implement and maintain a performance culture program to create a high performance culture
- Ensure the development and deployment of effective control and monitoring systems, standards and processes and their communication and implementation
- Continual reviewing and updating of specialist standards and processes in alignment with changing legislative and company requirements and ensure communication of changes
- Participate in key reviews, providing assurance that HR related risks have been fully identified, qualified and quantified and that appropriate risk mitigation strategies and plans are in place.
- Drive, in partnership with line, the successful implementation of the localization plan
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Human Resources Management
- Driver’s License (Code B)
- 8 years’ experience in Human Resources Operations field
- 5 years’ experience in Management
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of HR policies
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
- Industrial and Labour relations
- OD Interventions
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Project Management skills
- Budgeting and Cost control skills
- Presentation and Report writing skills
How to Apply
All applications must be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the HRMANAGER-LSO in the subject line.
Do not sent your qualifications/certificates at this point in time.
Closing date: This position remains open until it is filled.