Key Performance Areas
- Ensure compliance with Storm Mountain Diamonds Mine Health and Safety responsibilities
- Identify hazards and risks in area of responsibility
- Guide Metallurgical Team in identifying and improving on all Treatment Plant activities that may have an influence ondiamond recovery.
- Implementation and assurance of compliance of Metallurgical standards and guidelines
- Performing tests to ensure quality is adhered to.
- Analysing and interpretation of Metallurgical lab results
- Noticing deviations from standards and correcting them.
- Improvements to the current processes in terms of both throughput and quality and motivate implementation of such,based on sound business case studies.
- Attending work on the schedule established by the employer
Knowledge and Skills
- In-depth knowledge of Metallurgical principles with specific reference to diamond operations – covering all aspects of a diamond winning plant
- Experience with process control systems – PLC and SCADA interface
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, exposure to databases
- Knowledge of project management
- Knowledge of SHEQ
- Knowledge of industry improvements and how to evaluate these with reference to this operation
- Experience and sound knowledge of general Metallurgical accounting principles, and diamond SFD knowledge
- Must display initiative and technical know-how in identifying metallurgical problem areas and be able to propose enhancements to the process which will positively influence diamond recovery
- Must be able to identify and implement systems that will improve on diamond
- Must be able to put systems in place that provides value-adding information to the business
- Skilled in complex problem solving
- Budgeting and cost control skills
- Project management skills
- Financial management skills
- Computer Literacy (MSOffice)
- Report writing skills
- Presentation skills
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Prioritizing skills
- Communication skills
- Motivation skills
- Mentoring skills
Qualifications and Skills
- B Eng. / BTech Metallurgical Engineering or BSc Chemical Engineering, Minerals Engineering, Extractive Metallurgy or equivalent.
- Driver’s License (Code B)
- 6 Years Operational experience of diamond recovery operations of which two (2) years must be at supervisory level
How to Apply
All applications must be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org stating KAO-PE-LSO in the subject line.