Purpose of the Job
To manage a centre by optimizing all trading opportunities, including Tenant lease terms, and ensuring that the portfolio financial performance remains sound and optimizing the building’s income stream by establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships with local authorities, tenants, general public and public bodies, managing line reporting staff as required, general oversight on tenant installations, daily/weekly site inspections and general building administration.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Centre inspections and walkabouts to be undertaken daily without fail.
- Tenant liaison – Identification of potential problematic tenants with suggested remedialsolutions.
- Daily management of and guidance to all online reporting staff.
- To keep site oversight records and ensure its currency for the following:
- Tenant records
- Expiry dates
- Meter reading records
- Collection of Tenant Turnover sales figures
- Register the maintenance of all office equipment.
- Updated market knowledge as to competitor’s activities in the catchment areas of the centres.
- Updated market knowledge as to new developments in the market.
- Updated knowledge as to micro and macro-economic factors that could result in growth,decline or stagnation of centres.
- Tenant knowledge – industry they are in (movements in such industry), business strengthand stability of tenant’s businesses. Identification of risks.
- Collection and recordable of monthly turnover figures from tenants and assessment of such.
- Constant assessment of strengths and weaknesses of tenant mix of centres.
- Ensure that the debtors department are timeously advised of any onsite tenant movementsand no tenant trading for new tenants of which deposits are not settled as yet and other audit compliance items.
- With regards to the cancellation, writing off and postponement of paying of rental accounts, no rulings are to be made without acknowledgement and approval by the Property Manager.
- Updated knowledge of local by-laws applicable to the centre and community influences thereto.
- Understanding of socio-political influences on the centres trading.
- Responsibility is to manage all non-technical services, repairs, and maintenance on site in liaison with the Property Services Manager/Technical Manager and to refer all technical or structural repairs and maintenance to the Property Services Manager for resolution.
- All tenants’ queries are to be handled professionally and with immediate response and to be logged on MyBuildings service program.
- Sourcing new tenants (with the prior approval of the Property Manager and within parameters set) in the general market to fill vacancies.
- Assisting the Leasing property manager with Tenant lease renewals, with the prior approval of the Property Manager and within parameters set.
- Regional Property Management team to be included in all Tenant/prospective Tenant communication/s.
Marketing and Customer Relations
- Tenant Liaison – Ongoing and regular visitations and filing of monthly tenant visitation reports.
- Customer Liaison – Handling of enquiries and complaints, timeously and effectively.
- Regional Property Management team to be included in all Tenant/prospective Tenantcommunication/s.
- Attend all promotions as they occur to ensure a high standard of event execution
- Creating a strong and positive brand
- Connecting with the local community through various platforms including social media; community projects and charity drives in conjunction with the marketing manager.
- Partnering with tenants and supporting tenants on joint promotions to support foot traffic into the stores.
- Marketing of exhibition courts
- Organising and participation on site meetings with prospective tenants.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Grade 12 (Matric), Relevant Diploma or Degree
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years in a relevant field
- Shopping centre experience is an advantage
- Retail experience is an essential
- Business writing skills (specs & house rules), People management skills are essential
- A valid Driver’s license and own transport is essential
- Strong Proficiency in relevant computer packages (MS Office) and software packages
- Excellent attention to detail and numerate accuracy
How to Apply
All applications must be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org stating ERIS-CM-LSO in the subject line.