OSISA is a growing African institution committed to deepening democracy, protecting human rights and enhancing good governance in the region. It‘s vision is to promote and sustain the ideals, values, institutions and practices of open society, with the aim of establishing vibrant and tolerant southern African democracies in which people, free from material and other deprivation, understand their rights and responsibilities and participate actively in all spheres of life.
In pursuance of this vision, OSISA‘s mission is to initiate and support programmes working towards open society ideals and to advocate for these ideals in southern Africa. Established in 1997, OSISA works in 10 southern Africa countries: Angola, Botswana, DRC, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe. OSISA works differently in each of these ten countries, according to local conditions.
OSISA is part of a network of autonomous Open Society Foundations, established by George Soros, located in Eastern and Central Europe, the former Soviet Union, Africa, Latin America, the Caribbean, the Middle East, Southeast Asia and the US.
The Grants Manager will manage and oversee the award and allocation of grants. S/he will work closely with programme and operations staff and assist the Executive Office to develop and implement the grants strategy through effective procedures and policies for grant making. He/she will manage the grants unit. The Grants Manager will ensure that a best practice framework is in place, effectively managing all OSISA grant making processes, ensuring OSISA’s vision is achieved.
Under the guidance of the Executive Director, the Grants Manager will participate in the development of the grants strategy. He/she will work closely with programme staff to design and develop the appropriate grant making processes, procedures and policies, to support the vision and strategy of OSISA. The Grants Manager, with the support of the Grants Officer and Grants Associate, will ensure the implementation of the grants strategy, procedures, processes and policies through out OSISA.
Strategic Mindedness, Efficiency, Leading, Decisiveness, Resilience & Composure, Planning & Organisation.
- Grants procedures and processes-development of Grants strategy
- Grant Reporting- prepare and provide reporting statistics on the grants management progress
- Grant Proposals – developing application announcements including eligibility criteria, required documents and guidelines for grant applications.
- Grant Preparation- prepares project approval documents and performs the initial review of project elements.
- Grants Approval and Allocation- coordinates the assessment of new grantees and support the Executive office in allocating and approving grants.
- Grant Payments- oversees the timeous and accurate payment requests of all grants,
- Budget Management- oversee and manage the units’ budget and set clear priorities and timelines, work plans to satisfy the objectives of the Grants unit.
- A degree in the Social Sciences or equivalent qualification.
- Five years’ experience in Grants Management at this level
How to Apply
Since OSISA has requested KM Global Consulting with the recruitment for the position, all applications must be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org stating OSISA-GM-RSA in subject line.