OSISA is a growing African institution committed to deepening democracy, protecting human rights and enhancing good governance in the region. Its vision is to promote and sustain the ideals, values, institutions and practices of open society, with the aim of establishing vibrant and tolerant southern African democracies in which people, free from material and other deprivation, understand their rights and responsibilities and participate actively in all spheres of life.
In pursuance of this vision, OSISA‘s mission is to initiate and support programmes working towards open society ideals, and to advocate for these ideals in southern Africa. Established in 1997, OSISA works in 10 southern Africa countries: Angola, Botswana, DRC, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe. OSISA works differently in each of these 10 countries, according to local conditions.
OSISA is part of a network of autonomous Open Society Foundations, established by George Soros, located in Eastern and Central Europe, the former Soviet Union, Africa, Latin America, the Caribbean, the Middle East, Southeast Asia and the US.
OSISA recently underwent an internal organizational review process aimed at enabling it to better respond to the challenges and needs of countries in the region in achieving open society and to deliver on its new 2014-2017 strategy.
Purpose of the Position
The IT Officer will support the IT Manager provide the IT services needed to achieve OSISA’s vision. S/he will support the development and implementation of the IT strategy and policies within OSISA and its Country offices. S/he will contribute to and support the effective functioning of OSISA’s IT infrastructure, management systems and information management tools. He/she will assist the IT Manager to manage the IT unit and ensure that all complex IT related issues are resolved and all OSISA staff have reliable and secure access to IT services and systems.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- The position requires being readily available to work at night or weekend for special projects or when IT Operations emergency arises. It also requires to be on-call a minimum of one week per month.
- Implement, manage and administrate VMware virtualized server platform
- Implement, manage and administrate server backup redundancy with hardware and VMware virtualization options.
- Extensive knowledge configuring Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012, Exchange 2010, SCCM, SCOM,SQL,WSUS, Active Directory, Network Printing, Certificate server, and other Windows Server management utilities.
- Extensive knowledge configuring and managing ISCSI SAN Storage.
- Extensive knowledge configuring and managing HP Blade System.
- Extensive knowledge supporting Blackberry Enterprise Server, Backup Exec and Replication Server and Microsoft System Center Endpoint Protection.
- Monitor server performance and Security Information and Event Management (SIEM); implement proactive tuning to improve server security, availability and performance.
- Manage Microsoft Windows Active Directory account maintenance, mailbox, access permission, group assignment, Group Policy Object security and control, and develop Windows automatic scripts.
- Implement and execute organization wide software application access policy using 2-factor authentication.
- Experience implementing, supporting and managing CLOUD based server infrastructure, SaaS and Cisco Meraki platform.
- Perform backend server troubleshooting, server/workstation security forensic analysis and define server access policy.
- Provide backend server configuration for remote OSISA offices and technical guidance for other entities.
- Document all server infrastructure, inventory, configuration and disaster recovery procedure, and develop server standard and guidelines.
- Support video conferences among OSISA offices.
- Provide technical end user support.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and five years of relevant experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems or related field a plus.
- Experience in computing or related area with a focus on Microsoft Windows Operating System, Microsoft backend application server, VMware Virtualization platform and some Linux OS a plus.
- Microsoft Windows Server and other application server certification and VMware certification
- HP or other vendor SAN qualifications.
- CCNA or higher Cisco accreditation.
- Minimum 5 years working experience.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills of all server Operating Systems and backend Microsoft application server: Exchange and SQL.
- Experience with Microsoft Operating Systems and application software implementation, support and administration.
- Experience supporting CLOUD and SaaS , Cisco Meraki platforms
- VMware vSphere 5.5 Virtualization Platform, VMware workstation and vCenter administration tools.
- HP and other SAN storage administration and management.
- Technical writing skill documenting all systems infrastructure, standard and guideline
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP protocol, Windows Server Group Policy Object and desktop and laptop Windows security implementation.
How to Apply
Since OSISA has requested KM Global Consulting with the recruitment for this position, all applications must be sent directly to email@example.com stating OSISA-SIT-RSA in the subject line.