PATH is hiring a Nutrition Advisor to ensure efficient and effective implementation and integration of nutrition interventions at each health contact with mothers and children at selected facilities and communities in Nampula and Sofala Provinces. The Nutrition Advisor will supervise 12 Nutrition Supervisors and 17 health facility district officers and be responsible for the day-to-day implementation, quality, and coordination of the nutrition activities in the 2 provinces. .
The Nutrition Advisor, who will be based in Nampula Province, will work under the Senior Nutrition Advisor, and both will be under direction of the MCSP Community Director, who will be based in Maputo, and work collaboratively with the Clinical Director, also based in Maputo. The Nutrition Advisor will supervise the entire MCSP nutrition technical team at the provincial level (12 Nutrition Supervisors and 17 health facility district nutrition officers).
- Provide technical leadership, and build capacity of nutrition supervisors and health facility district officers using proven training approaches, including group training, on-the-job training, and coaching and mentoring;
- Support on-the job training as needed for clinical practitioners, and nutrition focal points at all levels of primary health care to provide quality nutrition services;
- Supervise the MCSP Nutrition Supervisors and Health Facility district officers, working in Nampula and Sofala Province;
- Oversee the quality control (joint monitoring and supervision visits with approved MCSP and MOH tools, harmonizing tools and processes, real-time feedback) for community and health facility activities
- Ensure strong referral linkages between the community component and health facility component (vice versa) in Nampula and Sofala provinces
- Work with the program’s monitoring and evaluation (M&E) team to ensure that the program meets targets according to identified indicators
- Coordinate with UNICEF, World Bank and other donors supporting to nutrition in the two provinces
- Represent MCSP at provincial and district nutrition coordinating committees and nutrition working groups, when they are organized, and advocate for best practices in nutrition prevention and treatment at health facilities and in communities.
- Contribute to monthly plans, quarterly reports, annual work planning, and training and mentoring/on-the-job/ quality control plans and other required reports as needed;
- Contribute to timely, and accurate reporting of nutrition program activities and results;
- With the Senior Nutrition Advisor, oversee program design, implementation, quality assurance, linkages, and monitoring of both the community-based and facility-based nutrition components in the work plan in the provinces;
- Ensure financial stewardship of USAID funds by complying with financial requirements and helping to create a culture of compliance;
- Evaluate program progress of the nutrition component against deliverables on a quarterly basis;
- Ensure quality program implementation consistent with MOH Guidelines and USAID Mozambique Strategic Directions;
- Coordinate and collaborate with the other members of the technical teams and NGO partners to develop and implement feasible facility and community-based approaches;
- Participate as a member of the MCSP Provincial Management Team, which will meet weekly, as the technical lead in nutrition, to provide strategic oversight to the provincial effort.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor which contribute to the achievement of program goals.
- Nutritionist with nutrition B.S. or M.S. or a nurse or doctor with special courses on at least three nutrition topics (e.g., nutrition rehabilitation of children severe or moderate malnutrition, breastfeeding or all infant feeding including complementary feeding, micronutrient supplementation);
- At least 5 years working as a nutritionist (at the national or provincial level) or in positions where nutrition interventions were frequently implemented;
- Good understanding most up-to-date scientific evidence on effective interventions in nutrition
- Experience training and coaching of health facility and/or community level health workers
- Demonstrated ability to build capacity and collaboration between governmental and non-governmental partners and other project implementers;
- Familiarity with evidence-based reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health interventions and best practices that will be the focus of this project;
- Personal and professional commitment to gender equality;
- Proven capacity to plan, analyze and ensure routine monitoring of work plans;
- Ability to live and work in Nampula Province and travel within the province up to 50% of the time;
- Experience supervising staff;
- Strong change management, results-oriented and decision-making skills;
- Excellent written, interpersonal and oral communication/presentation skills, including the ability to work effectively with a diverse team of staff HQ and field based partners and counterparts;
- Portuguese fluency (verbal and written) required;
- Ability to communicate verbally in and read English;
- Mozambican nationals strongly encouraged to apply
- Experience living and working at the provincial level;
- Prior experience working with Mozambique’s public health system; Fluency in speaking and writing in English;
- Prior experience working with USAID funded projects
How to Apply
Since PATH Zambia has requested KM Global Consulting with the recruitment for this role, all applications must be sent directly to email@example.com stating PATH-NA-Moz in the subject line.