Location: Maseru, Lesotho
Closing date: This position remains open until open
Starting date: ASAP
Sentebale was founded in 2006 by Prince Harry from the British Royal family and Prince Seeiso from the Lesotho Royal family. They work with disadvantaged children and young people and their work began in Lesotho – a small land-locked country in Southern Africa. Lesotho has the second highest HIV infection rate in the world, which has resulted in thousands of orphans and a generation of children at risk. Sentebale aims to provide children with the best possible start in life. They work with partner organisations to make this possible, as well as running our their programmes.
Sentebale have recently launched in Botswana and further expansion is in the planning stages.
Sentebale has exclusively tasked KM Global Consulting with the recruitment of the new Country Director to be based in Maseru.
Purpose of the Role
- The Country Director will be lead, develop and manage Sentebale’s operations in Lesotho and will be accountable for all aspects of the work in country.
- The Country Director acts as Sentebale’s representative in Lesotho at the highest level.
- The organisation is now reaching a new phase in its development and the Country director will lead on the delivery of the strategy to maximise Sentebale’s impact on the wellbeing of vulnerable children in Lesotho.
- The post holder will be a member of the Senior Management Team and will play an active role in the development of Sentebale. Working closely with the Board of Trustees and the CEO the Country Director will help drive the charities strategy and policy development.
Key Performance Areas
- Ensure that the strategic plan is operationalised in Lesotho and the programmes are delivered to the agreed plans;
- Manage internal and external stakeholder relations;
- Manage the reputation and reputational risks as well as the quality of the Sentebale programmes in line with the high professional standards the organisation is known for;
- Manage the in-country team to ensure delivery of their core objectives, including staff management, budgeting, funding, reporting and programme quality;
- Degree level qualifications from a reputable top 500 university;
- Masters/MBA or other professional qualification preferable;
- Proven experience of development, implementation and management of programmes;
- Experience of working with donor agencies;
- Experience of staff management, within the context of a multi- cultural team and multiple locations;
- High level financial and asset management skills to steer and efficiently manage the country programme;
- Proven track record of success in representing an organisation with partners, government agencies, private sector organisations, media and donors at a senior level;
- Demonstrate ability to convey complex messages in an appropriate manner to broad and diverse audiences.
- Mature person with at least five years’ experience in a leadership role in a similar organization;
Competencies and Character Traits
- Ability to demonstrate personal resilience and self-motivation under difficult circumstances;
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, combining a sensitive approach with strong networking/ advocacy skills.
- Good and efficient communication between the countries.
- Strong analysis and report-writing skills.
- Full driving license.
- High ethical standards.
- Confident and empathetic leader, committed to the growth of people.
- Must be a Lesotho national.
How to Apply
Since Sentebale has exclusively requested KM Global Consulting with the assistance of the recruitment of their Country Director, all applications must be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org stating Sentebale-CD-LSO in the subject line.