Purpose of the Job
The Senior Manager Supply Chain plans, directs and manages supply chain and facilities functions through consistent delivery, implementation of the supply chain and facilities programmes, and optimisation of the purchasing activities to ensure implementation of Supply Chain Management strategies and ensure supplier relationship management.
- Plan, communicate, and provide focused input into the department’s strategic objectives
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a service delivery and budget implementation plan for the department
- Develop and implement standards and procedures for the overall Supply Chain management, Facilities and Contract management
- Planning, directing, coordinating & budgeting for office space and related facilities
- Provide guidance to personnel on the interpretation and application of procedures, application and communication sequences associated with Supply Chain Management Cycle
- Ensure compliance with all Client’s policy and legislations governing supply chain management.
- Define and coordinate the department’s workflow processes.
- Participate in meetings and providing information on specific supply chain processes and procedures and requirements.
- Provide advice on the improvement of specifications to help improve efficiencies and save costs
- Conduct supplier audits and evaluations to ascertain applicability and adherence to standards and regulations.
- Manage needs/demand analyses for internal departments; including the assessment of impacting variables (expenditure, commodity, market/ industry)
- Align need analysis outcomes to budgetary provisions to establish and comment on costs versus allocations and considers possible savings opportunities
- Manage administrative sequences and mechanisms related to bid documentation, including opening, registering, recording and evaluation of bids
- Manage the administration of concluded contracts, interacting with departments to establish conformance with specifications, terms and conditions and related legal aspects and informing the immediate superior of non – compliance or conflicting issues requiring remedial action
- Manage the implementation of applications associated with logistics and disposal unit
- Apply administrative control procedures with respect to the identification, verification and referral of items for disposal to the Executive / Boards, seeking approval and arranging disposal mechanisms (sale/ auction);
- Manage and control the purchase of goods and services to ensure policies and procedures are adhered to
- Manage contract administration within the section so that all contract specifications are met and records are available
- Manage the administration of tender openings in accordance with prescribed procedures
- Manage financial administration aspects such as inviting quotations, processing orders,
- compiling reports for tenders, monitoring renewal preferred service providers and authorising payment on cheque vouchers
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or equivalent
- 5 years relevant experience in managing, implementing and executing supply chain management strategies of which 3 years should have been at a senior management level
How to Apply
Please send your application to email@example.com stating SM:SC in the subject line.