Our Client, a licensed cannabis operator in the Kingdom of Lesotho is looking for a Lesotho national CFO who is based in Johannesburg.
Purpose of the Position
- The successful candidate will direct and manage the effective functioning of the Finance Department and support functions so that the the Company can fulfil its objectives effectively and efficiently.
- He/She will lead and take responsibility for overall management of finance, budget and procurement functions of the Company, as well as ensure that all activities are undertaken in strict compliance with budget to the budget to the required financial governance standards.
- He/She will also be expected to develop and implement crosscutting systems and procedures that are aligned to best practice and good corporate governance principles, including adherence to the GRAP, Supply Chain Management policies, Companies Act and all other relevant and applicable policies.
- Provide leadership and management support to all the departments of the Company with regards to financial matters.
- Lead and manage client and stakeholder relationships.
- Lead, implement and monitor the Company’s multi-year expenditure and revenue budget.
- Review, implement and monitor effective and efficient financial management systems in line with the applicable company financial instruments.
- Lead general compliance with financial management and reporting standards throughout the Company.
- Lead the implementation of a proper, ethical fair and transparent supply chain management process in the Company.
- Develop compliant financial report to the Board, Shareholders and Auditors.
- Liaise with Auditors to ensure that all issues raised by the Auditors are resolved to qualify the Company to obtain a clean audit opinion.
- Serve as a member of the Company’s Executive Committee.
- Hire, train and evaluate staff, and take corrective actions to address performance problems.
- Ensure that best practice development principles are applied to all the Company developments.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- An Honours in Accounting (CA) will be an added advantage.
- 10 years’ experience in managing finances of small to medium organisation.
- A record of success at senior level in achievement of operations.
- Demonstrable knowledge of and/or experience in financial management protocols in built or pharmaceutical environment.
How to Apply
Please email a detailed CV in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org stating CFO-LSO in the subject line.