Reports to: Senior Programme Coordinator
Duration: 5 months with possible extension depending project funding
Location: Berea, Qacha’s Nek, Leribe and Quthing (Please indicate preferred districts in relevant order.)
Position is based in Thaba Bosiu with regular travel around the country
Key Performance Areas
- Oversee implementation of project activities in the district.
- Serve as contact persons at district level.
- Supervise and support Youth health supporter activities.
- Supervise and support data clerks in collecting data and reporting.
- Coordinate community and districts events.
- Support roll-out of district workplan.
- Assist the management from time to time as may be required.
- Any other duties as assigned by line manager.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Diploma in social sciences (A relevant degree will be an added advantage) knowledge of health, youth development programmes.
- 3 years’ experience in HIV related issues with adolescents and young people.
- Experience in facilitating or supporting Adolescent Psychosocial Support programmes.
- Ability to train, coach and mentor supervisees.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to function with mature judgement, tact and diplomacy ensuring that Sentebale policies. and procedures are consistently complied with at all times.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership, interpersonal skills and team work orientation with sensitivity to issues of cultural diversity.
- Ability to work flexible schedules, including occasional evenings and weekends as may be necessary.
- Ability and flexibility to travel as needed, including overnight stays.
- Ability to sustain excellent relationships with external partners and stakeholders.
How to Apply
All applications with subject line “District Youth Health Support Coordinator” in PDF format must be emailed to:
|Recruitment Agency:||KM Global Consult|
|Contact Person:||Mr. Koantlane Molefi|
|Telephone Number:||+266 58866774/62866774|
- Only email applications (covering letter, CV, certified copies of educational certificates and ID or passport) will be accepted and only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the screening outcomes. If you have not been contacted within 5 days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- Closing date for applications is 9th April 2021, 5pm.
- No late applications will be accepted.