PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. They accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, they take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, they deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
Human Resources in Africa is an ethical, accountable and collaborative team who speaks with one voice and provides proactive, informed and direct solutions to their clients. HR professionals at PATH work is a coordinated effort to implement PATH’s people strategy and facilitate the delivery of best HR practices.
This HR Business Partner at PATH are a global team of elite professionals who work in a coordinated effort to facilitate the HR programs and initiatives in their areas of responsibility and this role will report to the Senior Regional HRBP for Western, Central and Southern Africa and support the employees in the Southern Africa region (Zambia, South Africa, Malawi and Mozambique). Specific responsibilities include partnering with organizational leadership to ensure PATH can deliver on its mission by:
- Collaborate with the Regional HR Generalist to manage the onboarding and off boarding processes across the region, cultivating PATH’s culture to ensure employees are engaged.
- Supporting PATH performance management system by driving and monitoring the performance management and goal setting processes to improve individual performance and team function.
- Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and mitigate risk in consideration of local laws, best practices and PATH policies.
- Serve as primary contact for compensation and benefit matters across the region.
- Consulting with employees and managers on employee relations issues and facilitating appropriate procedure is followed in alignment with organizational standards and local labor law.
- Ensuring that hiring and employment practices are in compliance with organizational and local standards
- Recommending, managing and conducting training on topics ranging from HR policies and procedures to professional and leadership skill development
- Coordinate Human Resources local projects
- Regularly meet with local leadership to stay informed and proactively identify opportunities to apply HR best practices. Leverage HR colleagues as resources and escalate matters to ensure timely resolution.
- A track record of bringing a solution-oriented approach to working with clients to address the wide range of challenges required in a HRBP role including: talent management, leadership and employee coaching, employee relations and training and development
- Demonstrated skills building and managing strong partnerships with program teams and serving as a strategic advisor on HR matters in the region
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage the uniquely differentiated HR role while working effectively in a client team environment
- Demonstrated effectiveness working efficiently, productively, and with urgency in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven group facilitation skills
- Ability to move initiatives forward and communicate effectively while managing multiple constituencies
- Ability to write professional policies and procedures in English
- Interpersonal, organizational planning and analytical skills
Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum five years of HR generalist experience, including three years in a senior HR role, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience must include HR strategy, employee relations, compensation, proactive performance management and success influencing senior leaders. Candidates who have worked regionally and for large-scale and/or complex organizations preferred.
How to Apply
Since PATH has requested KM Global Consulting with the recruitment for this role, all applications must be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org stating PATH-HR-Zambia in the subject line.