Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Established in 1989, Frigoken Limited (FKL) is currently Kenya’s largest vegetable processor, exporting premium, niche horticultural products destined for international markets. FKL produces all year round, conforms to internationally recognised food and safety standards; assuring customers of quality, traceability, reliability and service.
Frigoken Ltd has requested KM Global Consulting to assist them with the recruitment of their new Sales and Marketing Manager..
Purpose of the Role
Under the overall supervision of the General Manager, the Sales and Marketing Manager will be responsible for growing the sales of the company by increasing our market share in our product segments; identifying new market opportunities in international markets and servicing existing customers. S/He will accomplish business development activities by researching and developing marketing opportunities and implementing sales plans.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulating and implementing sales and marketing strategies and activities to achieve market share, volume, value and profitable sales growth.
- Developing of short term and mid term business plans for the above.
- Developing new customers, products and markets.
- Ensure the turnover and the net margins are met as per the business plan.
- Developing budgets to exploit business opportunities.
- Conducting new product feasibility, test marketing and launches.
- Implementing appropriate pricing policy taking into account production load, market conditions and budget targets.
- Analyzing business/market trends, product line development, changes in future demand, competition, contacts and follow up of major clients.
- Undertaking market intelligence.
- Strengthening existing business relationships and securing long term contracts.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business administration or marketing from a recognized university.
- A knack for product development and creative services.
- Minimum 10 years experience sales and marketing in an FMCG environment .
- Strong communication skills and reasonable level of numeracy.
- Outgoing, patient, persistent and independence personality.
- Proactive and results oriented.
- Commercial awareness and strong customer care skills
How to Apply
Applications must be addressed to KM Global Consulting and sent directly to email@example.com stating FRIGOKEN-SM-Kenya in the subject line.