Closing Date: This position remains open until filled
Start Date: Immediately
IPS is an affiliate of the Aga Khan Fund for Economic Development. (http://www.akdn.org/akfed). Their companies in the food sector are among the leading food manufacturers and processors in East and Central Africa. Their products may be found in all leading supermarkets in the region as well as in the Middle East and Europe, they are keen to grow our existing business and expand into new markets. They require a proactive, rigorous and innovative, Technical Manager, working as part of a senior management team, who will play a vital role in the future processes and procedures on site.
- Overseeing all technical and quality issues for the business.
- Ensuring strong relationships with the technical departments of key retail customers.
- Ensuring the technical teams work closely and effectively with other functions within the business, including production, NPD and procurement.
- Carrying out audits effectively to ensure required standards are maintained or improved.
- Deliver continuous improvement throughout the business.
The Right Person
- Shall demonstrate technical experience within a food manufacturing environment and ability to lead and develop teams, working with high standards.
- Good people management skills with the ability to work as a member of the senior management team.
- A “can do” attitude, hardworking, innovative and commercially astute.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills with commitment to first rate customer service.
- Strengthen and maintain relations between our international customers, and technical teams at the site.
- Sound Knowledge in the implementation and certification of Internationally recognized Food and Health Standards as relevant to each individual processing plant.
- Should have held a similar position at Senior Management level.
Applications must be addressed to KM Global Consulting and sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org stating IPS-TM-Kenya in the subject line